Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hello Third Trimester...

Today I am 28 weeks pregnant... thus entering into my THIRD TRIMESTER! Whoa! Today is a special post... in previous posts, I've mentioned that Jordan's brother and his wife were expecting a baby as well. Well... on Tuesday, July 27th, sweet little Eden Hope Weathers entered the world around 1:24 in the afternoon. I was so blessed and honored to be a part of her delivery (I was the photographer).. This is the second time I've been in the delivery room. The first time was when my cousin Emma was born (it was a GREAT experience), but this time was special because I knew that in just a few short months, I'd be delivering my angel.

As I think back on Hope's delivery, the only word I have to describe it is... beautiful... the way our Creator has orchestrated and designed our lives from our very first breath is absolutely amazing to me. Hope is absolutely beautiful. She weighed 7 lbs 14 oz. and was 20 inches long. She looks like her momma :) and has big blue eyes and a head full of dark hair. Aimee (my sister-in-law) and I have often said how fun it would be to have babies that are close in age. Well, Hope and Ada will be around 11 or 12 weeks apart in age so we're thinking they will be really close :)

I'm really stretching these days... both physically and mentally. Right now I'm on vacation with family in the mountains, so I really have time think and reflect on things. Physically, I am growing. There are days my stomach is actually sore. However, some of that may have to do with the fact that Ada is SUPER active. I'm sure it's just because this is my first baby, but I really didn't expect movements from her that actually hurt sometimes... Mentally, I've really been starting to go through all the things I'm sure every new mother goes through. "Who will she look like?", "Can we handle a new baby?", "Are we sure that we are ready?"... etc. It's a daily struggle for me to keep all my anxiety and worries under control and trust in the Sovereignty of my sweet Lord. However, I know that He is who He is and that my circumstances do not change that! HALLELUJAH! Also, when I feel these bouts of anxiety coming on, I try and remind myself of the things God has already blessed us with during this pregnancy: we got pregnant with the first round of Clomid I took.. much to the surprise of us and my doctor, every screening test and sonogram has shown that Ada is developing absolutely perfectly, I have felt well (minus the morning sickness) and been able to do most, if not all, of the things I did before I was pregnant, Ada is very active and that is a reassurance to me that she's okay, Jordan has been an AMAZING supporter, encourager, and has earnestly prayed over me and this baby from the beginning, and it has been a joy to watch my family share in the excitement and joy of this pregnancy... wow... that's just naming a few! I want to record these things so that I can look back and be reminded in the future.

Okay, I know this post is getting long, so on to Ada's developments for the week. Right now, Ada's eyes are partially open now and she can actually blink. She also is having Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep... is that not crazy? Speaking of her eyes, they have color now. It may not be the color she ultimately ends up with, but they do have color :) The reason I'm growing is because she is growing! She's now measuring at about 15 inches from head to toe and weighing in at around 2.5 to 3 pounds! Well, I think that's a long enough post for this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment