Thursday, July 22, 2010

27 Weeks...

Ahh... 27 weeks. I'm starting the last week of my second trimester. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant and so emotional, but this week, I've been a little sad that it's all going so quickly... even though the past couple of weeks I've been complaining that it's going so slow. Oh boy... hormones!

This is a short post this week... I've got my hands full today. My mother-in-law and father-in-law payed us a surprise visit yesterday evening and have been visiting all day today. On top of that... I've got my nieces and nephew so my sister-in-law could go to the doctor... she's due any day now with a sweet baby girl.. Hope. Yes... we plan on Ada and Hope being B.F.F's... after all, they are only going to be around three months apart in age. 

Ada's developments this week: Her lungs and immune system have been maturing this week. In fact... if Ada were born today, she would have an 85 percent chance of surviving (with medical assistance) because her lungs are capable of breathing air. Of course we want her to stay in there to term, but isn't it amazing the medical breakthroughs God has blessed us with! Ada's length has more than doubled in the past 15 weeks! Her brain tissue and neurons are developing and her brain waves are now firing away just like those of a newborn baby. Ada's measuring around 14.5 inches and is weighing in just over 2 pounds! 

I'm still battling swelling, but I've been walking... a lot, and swimming when I can. That has helped a lot! My next doctor's appointment is the first of August, so I've got about two more weeks. Until next week... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment