Thursday, July 8, 2010

25 Weeks...

Why oh why is it creeping by? I know I've said this before, but some weeks fly by and others creep. I think time is starting to creep because Jordan and I are so ready for her to get here. Sometimes... I go sit and rock in the nursery and try to imagine what my sweet baby will look like. I don't know if I've shared this before, but here is my prediction... Ada may have some of my features, but overall... she's going to look like her Daddy. I don't know why.. I just have this gut feeling. I think she will have a head full of black hair, a cute little button nose, and bblue-gray eyes. Oh yeah.. and I'm praying she has her Daddy's lips... their very full and plump!

I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday of this week. So far everything is great! I'm now officially in my positive weight gain... plus 5! Oh dear... I better get use to the number on the scale going up... I just have to keep reminding myself that in the end, I will have a beautiful baby girl to show for it! Ada's heart rate at my doctor's appointment was 157... healthy and strong! I've been really worried about how "much" I'm showing... I feel huge! But, when the nurse measured me, I was measuring right on schedule. I guess I just feel bigger than I actually am. I still have a hard time imagining just how big I'm actually going to get. My sweet sister Caitlin went with me to my appointment with me. She left for Honduras this morning... pray for her and her team. She will be with a team there in Honduras for a month working in orphanages. By the way.. she has a blog that she will be updating when she gets a chance while she is there. Here is the link.

Ada's developments this week... her hands are fully developed she's spending a lot of time these days groping around. Because her brain and nerve endings are developed, she can feel the sensation of touch. Her arms and legs have grown and are now pretty much proportional to the rest of her body. Ada's nostrils, before now, were plugged up... now they are clear and she is practicing breathing through her nose. Okay.. this is cool... her spine is now made up of 150 joints, 33 rings, and some 1,000 ligaments! Capillaries are now forming and it's giving her skin a pink glow. Also, the blood vessels in her lungs have developed this week. She weighs around a pound and a half... whoah... fatty :) and she is around 13 1/2 inches long.

Have a great weekend! I will post again in a week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment