Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pale or Pink...

Those seem to be the only two options I have as far as my skin goes... and I must admit... I miss the tanning bed just a little bit right about now. My legs have never been this pale! I guess I didn't take that too heavily into consideration when I laid out at my mom and dad's house yesterday because now... I'm pink. I guess it is true that preggos burn easier. I will definitely be more careful next time, but I need some color people!! I am in a wedding on May 8th in a little strapless, tea-length dress... can you imagine how distracting it would be to see a pregnant lady with super pale skin in a tiny, dark brown dress that isn't made for pregnant ladies! WHOA! I'm afraid of self-tanner, too poor for a good spray tan... so laying out is my only option I guess. Any suggestions?



Slowly but surely we're making progress. Slowly but surely Peanut is starting to look more and more human and less and less alien... I must admit I'm ready to see a cute little button nose and pouty lips... This week, Peanut's changes weren't huge in quantity, but they were important. All of his/her vital organs are now formed and functioning. This is huge... now the risk of defects has decreased, because Peanut is now less susceptible to outside influences. Some other changes that have been going on... his/her ears are starting to settle in the right place, fingernail and toenail beds are beginning to form... and basically, he/she is a "pumpkin head" because his/her head is nearly as big as the rest of his/her body... he or she is definitely a he or a she now... the testes or the ovaries are completely formed, but we can't find out until May 15th :) Peanut is starting move now, but I haven't felt him/her yet. In the next nine weeks, Peanut will increase 30 times in weight and almost triple in length... is that not crazy?! Right now, Peanut is only about 2 inches long and weighs only a third of an ounce.

Okay.. so you thought this week you were only going to get to see virtual Peanut, but you're in luck. My sweet doctor let me have another sonogram just so I could hear the heartbeat.. how sweet is he. He said he just wanted me to have peace of mind until I came back in 5 weeks... so.. here he or she is...

(Note: The head is to right... booty to the left)

No comments:

Post a Comment