Thursday, April 8, 2010

One more week to go!....

... until the end of my first trimester I might add :) Believe it or not, this is a huge milestone I've been really looking forward to. I'm still battling nausea a little bit, and my energy level is... well... let's just say I can nap all day and sleep all night... no problem! I finally had to give in and order some maternity shorts... my booty just won't fit into my regular shorts and it has been WAY TOO HOT to wear jeans all the time. Plus, my poor maternity jeans, I only have one pair and they are the only pair of jeans I can wear. I've tried really hard to not impulse but maternity clothes because I can't fit into most of them right now and I know that in just a couple of months... I'll be HUGE! I'm trying to penny pinch by finding cute bargain cotton dresses that will stretch as my belly grows... and the shorts I've ordered are a size too big so maybe I can belt them up now and wear them normally later :) 

Okay.. on to Peanut's progress... I finally have a semi-human looking baby inside of me. Peanut's eyes have moved from the side of his/her head to the front. Peanut can now swallow and he/she is practicing by swallowing amnionic fluid.. yuck. Okay... sensitive stomach people skip ahead.. but I'm all into stuff like this so this was very interesting to me... Peanut's intestines are not where they are supposed to be right now... some of his/her intestines are outside of his/her body in the umbilical cord... what?!? Don't worry.. eventually they will all fall into place :) This is cute... Peanut's fingernails and toenails are growing this week... and his/her chin and nose is becoming more and more defined. Peanut is finally packing on the pounds... or ounces :) He/She has doubled in size and weighs almost a half of an ounce... he/she is around 2.5 inches long... about the size of a Vienna sausage... 


No comments:

Post a Comment