Thursday, March 4, 2010

Seven Weeks...


Today I am seven weeks pregnant... whoop whoop! Seven down, thirty-three to go! Boy I have a long time. Each week, I wanted to post some of the changes that our sweet little Peanut is going through so that I can look back and be amazed by our Creator and the miracle of life.

This week, Peanut's brain is growing by 100 cells PER MINUTE! I think that's crazy! Peanut's face is becoming more defined (even though he still looks like a peanut / tadpole). Now, if we could look at his/her face, a mouth hole, tongue, nostrils, and ear indentations would be visible. Also, his/her eyes are wide open... but, he doesn't have irises yet (I wonder if he/she will have my green eyes or Jordan's blue?)

This is definitely my favorite part! Peanut is developing little arm and leg buds that look more like tiny ping-pong paddles! If Peanut is anything like his/her Daddy... he/she will be great at Ping Pong :) Finally, the umbilical cord is now visible, and Peanut is about the length of a Tic Tac!

It's amazing to me that something so small can make me so sick :) No... I know it isn't Peanut, but the hormone levels that go with pregnancy.. however, I am definitely battling the "All Day" sickness. I know every woman is different, but any tips on how to help with the nausea are greatly appreciated!

I feel like this week, what I was looking most forward to was hearing Peanut's heartbeat. And because I have THE GREATEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD (shout out to Dr. Daniel)... he let us do a sonogram a couple of days early so we could have a picture to take Jordan's parents this weekend when we go visit. I just have to say.. when we heard the heartbeat for those few seconds... it changed us.

From the beginning of this pregnancy, I have been amazed at God's handiwork, and how intricately designed us. When I read Psalm 139... I have a whole new perspective because now... God is knitting our sweet little Peanut together in my womb cell by cell. I know those of you who are already mothers know what I'm feeling, and I'm glad... because it's so hard to put it into words sometimes.

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:13-16


No comments:

Post a Comment