Thursday, March 18, 2010

9 Weeks...



Okay.. I'm going to be honest. I'm a little bummed out about this post. You see, somehow, I got a week ahead in my mind and I was convinced that I was 10 weeks today... but I'm not... only nine. I'm not sure why I got so disappointed. I think because I found out so early (3.5 weeks!).. that the weeks just seem to drag by. But... here I am at nine weeks, and I still find myself amazed at God's handiwork in this sweet little baby of mine.

This week, Peanut is beginning to move, but unfortunately, I can't feel it yet. Let me just pause here for a minute. I was asking my sister-in-law Aimee when and what it feels like when you feel your baby for the first time... and can I just tell you that I am nervous and a little freaked out! Right now, in my wildest dreams, I can't fathom the idea of feeling something inside of me kicking and moving. This week, some of the not so glamorous body parts have formed. Peanut has grown nipples and hair follicles, and his/her pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts, and anus are all in place (umm.... is it just me or is it weird to think of something so tiny with all those body parts!)

Okay.. this is my favorite part of this weeks "developments"... Peanut is beginning to develop his hoo-hoo or her hoo-ha! (Yes... those are my names for the boy parts and girl parts... don't judge :) But... we obviously won't be able to see it for several more weeks. Peanut is about 1-inch long and about the size of an olive... whoa! I remember when he/she was the size of the period at the end of this sentence.

Alright.. going back to the hoo-hoo or hoo-ha, Jordan and I have decided to go to Atlanta to a place called Stork Vision in May to find out the gender of our baby. There are a few reasons why... first of all, it's designed to be a relaxing, family-oriented atmosphere. It's not too expensive, and I believe it will be worth every penny! Our appointment is on May 15th, so we are super excited!

Other big news in the pregnancy department... I bought my first pair of maternity jeans... "but you're only 9 weeks Anna Lee... why would you need maternity jeans?"... well let me tell you... my pooch is growing (I had one before the baby, but now I can't suck it in!) I have actually lost about 5 pounds due to just being so sick and exercising, but I definitely notice a difference in my belly. So.. I broke down and bought some maternity jeans... and I have to say I LOVE THEM! They are Lucky Brand (got them for $15.00 at Burke's Outlet) and they are a "real-waist" maternity pant. So basically they don't have the big blue thing that covers your whole belly... :)

As for a Sawyer update (the puppy).. wow. I don't think Jordan and I realized what we were getting in to. So far potty training him is AWFUL... he has multiple accidents every day just about... we have tried everything. We are just hoping it's the "puppy phase" and eventually he will grow out of it. He is getting bigger and bigger everyday. We can't believe how much he's grown in the two weeks we've had him! He really has been a great puppy (except for the potty training thing). He still loves us and is very attached. He loves to cuddle and will even let me cradle him like a baby.. hmm.. you don't think he's spoiled do you? haha...

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl it must run in the family I was in maternity clothes at like 8 weeks so don't feel bad!! Just wait! When you feel him/her move you will be amazed at how good it will make you feel to know that your little one is growing and moving! You will know how amazing God is and then when you see them for the first time... well that's another story but you'll see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited to meet him! :)

    . . .or her

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, get excited!

    You don't have to be bummed anymore because when you wake up tomorrow you will be 10 weeks!

    I look forward to the "virtual" picture of little Mr. or Miss Peanut's growth.

    ReplyDelete