Thursday, October 28, 2010

Two Weeks with Ada...

Yesterday, Ada was 2 weeks old. I can't believe how fast time is flying. We are trying to soak up every minute we can with her. That's my excuse for not blogging lately :) No... I admit that I've failed a bit on the blog front. I've thought about it, but every time I sit down to do it, sweet little baby calls my attention away :)

Ada is still a GREAT baby. She's very content. She really only cries when she's hungry, and even then it's more of a whine than a cry. She's not too crazy about diaper changes / clothing changes, and she's really not liking baths :) Even though she can get really upset... she's very easily calmed down. She loves to cuddle and snuggle... so do Mommy and Daddy :) We're on a schedule/routine and it's amazing. I've been able to make the adjustment very easily. I'm so thankful she's a pleasant baby!

Right now, our schedule looks something like this. She wakes up at 5AM with Jordan and he feed her. She hangs out with him for a little while, and then he lays her back down to sleep around 6:30AM. She and I wake up at 8:00AM (if I've got somewhere to go that day, I'll wake up and get myself ready around 7:00AM). She eats at 8:00AM and goes back down for a nap at 9:30AM. Then, she wakes up and eats at 11:00AM... goes back to sleep around 12:30PM. She eats again at 2:00PM, and then she's up on and off until 5:00PM. In between 2 and 5 is when Jordan gets home from work, so when he walks in the door... she's all Daddy's :) She eats at 5:00PM, again at 8:00PM, 11:00PM, and 2:00AM. After her 8 o'clock feeding she pretty much sleeps from feeding to feeding. I have to wake her up to feed her. We started two nights ago seeing if she would skip the 2:00AM feeding... she only made it to 3:00AM, but that's okay... she's still little :)

We went to our 2 week check up today with Dr. Cabellero. She checked out perfectly! She weighed 8lb 1oz and was 21.5 inches long! She's starting to fill out a little bit and I love it. She's still got her chubby cheeks she had when she was born... and her double chin! But now, her little legs and arms are starting to crease and wrinkle... it's adorable! Most people that have come to visit think she sleeps all the time... and she does sleep A LOT... but she's starting to wake up more and more, and the time she is awake, she's very alert and interactive. She's smiling more... following our voices. She's very expressive in her face. I have a hunch she's going to be a little dramatic... I wonder who she gets that from?

We had newborn pictures taken yesterday... I promise to post some as soon as I get them! We have loved every minute of our two weeks with Ada! I will try my best to do a better job of posting more often... (try being the key word :)

Here are some pictures... enjoy!

 She loves to nap on the couch with Daddy! 


 Watching TV with Daddy in our bed... no she doesn't sleep with us, we just like to cuddle before bed :) 






3 comments:

  1. so cute. those pictures of her napping on the couch with jordan take me back to our newborn times... sacked out and snuggled up!!!! precious :)

    ReplyDelete