Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ada - 2 Months

Oh my goodness.... I can't believe my sweet girl is 2 months old. She turned 2 months old on the 13th, which was also mine and Jordan's anniversary.

This month has been a huge and exciting month for Ada. This month she REALLY started cooing and smiling at us. She's beginning to imitate the sounds that we make and she's trying to shape her mouth like ours. It's so cute to see her try. She's slowly gaining more and more control of her motor skills. She's has found my hair... and anyone else's who's holding her :) Ada is also staying awake a lot more. On a normal day at home (of course things change if we go shopping... to Mom's... etc.) but when we're here at home, she's taking a good morning nap around 9AM, and then a good afternoon nap around 1:00PM. She's only waking up around 3AM and wants just enough formula to satisfy her... then she goes right back to sleep until about 7 or 7:30.. Of course our routine changes some and that's totally fine. I'm not the type of mother that has to have her baby on a strict schedule... but we are on a routine. Eat... Activity (tummy time... bouncy seat... playtime with mommy... etc).. Nap. We've tried to keep Ada on a routine since she was about two weeks old. Some may disagree, but we love it, and Ada loves it. Her little body has learned that when she lays in the crib... it's nap time. I can lay her down wide awake, and she will put herself to sleep. She's eating about every three to four hours and taking a cereal bottle at night... P.S.. SHE LOVES IT!

Ada has also had some big events happen this month... she spent her first night away from home! She stayed with my mom and dad (Bella and Papa) and they loved it. My brother and sisters were home from school, so of course they loved it too. She had her two-month check up and got some shots :( She slept through the night.... one night :) She went to the hospital with me, Sarah, and Elizabeth while Sarah had some outpatient surgery... She survived Christmas shopping all day with Mommy... in the sleet and freezing rain. She finally got to meet all my extended family on my Mom's side of the family... she was such a hit! She met Santa Claus and had her picture made with him....

Wow... I think that's it... I'm sure I've missed some, but unfortunately you can't remember them all!

Well.. it's late, I'm tired... for some reason Blogger won't let me upload pictures, so I'll leave you with a video. Make sure you mute the music player at the bottom of the page :) I probably won't blog again until after Christmas, so.. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment